FUNDRAISING? THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
So you want to get involved? Fabulous! Welcome to the #YourChallenge team.
We are here to help you get the most out of your fundraising challenge and provide you with resources, hints and tips.
If you’re struggling to think of a challenge to take on, take a look at this A-Z from JustGiving, or just Google “fundraising ideas”. Look out for what’s worked for other people and draw inspiration.
If your idea is personal to you and is something you are passionate about it is far more likely to be successful.
FUNDRAISING IS KING
Whatever your idea, make sure you give serious thought to how you are going to use it to fundraise. In the excitement of creating an event or challenge it can be easy to lose site of the point – i.e. raising money for Weston Park Cancer Charity.
- Remember the cause. If you need inspiration or motivation for your challenge, just remember what it’s all for.
- Ask yourself why people will part with cash in support of your challenge. If people connect with what you’re doing and why, they’re more likely to donate. So make it personal.
- Generate a list of people or groups that you could expect support from and how much they would be likely to donate. This will give you a running start.
- Think through how you’re going to promote your challenge and the ways you’re going to ask for donations. You’re doing a great thing so make some noise about it.
- Set yourself a fundraising target so people know what you’re aiming for. Think big and don’t sell yourself short but keep it within the realms of possibility too!
4Challenge uses Virgin Money Giving for online donations. It is quick and easy to set up a fundraising page and you can link your giving straight to Weston Park Cancer Charity. Other online giving platforms are available, so take a look to find one that works for you.
Once you’ve set up your online giving page, remember to send the webpage link to 4Challenge so we can help promote your challenge.